PURPOSE OF THE CHAMBER
Your chamber of commerce is a voluntary organization of citizens who are investing their time and money in a community development program - working together to improve the economic, civic, and cultural wellbeing of the area.
There are two primary functions of a chamber of commerce: first, it acts as a spokesman for the business and professional community and translates the group thinking of its members into action; secondly, it renders specific services of a type that can be most effectively rendered by a community organization both to its members and to the area as a whole.
10 Reasons to become a member
1. Credibility: Consumers are 63% more likely to purchase goods and services from a business that is a member of the local Chamber of Commerce. Overall confidence is also much higher to refer a Chamber member vs. general business.
2. Unity: The Chamber brings like-minded businesses together to express concersn, preset ideas and share experiences with each other for the overall betterment of the community.
3. Marketing/Advertising: The Chamber allows you to advertise your business by sponsoring events and advertising on its website and communication.
4. Hot Deals: Offer fellow members special deals that the Chamber will promote in its communication and on its website.
5. Involvement: Your membership says that you are a community player ready to do business and make a difference.
6. Expsoure: Receive publicity and visibility through Chamber communication, events and the website featuring online member directory.
7. Buy Locally: The Chamber promotes doing business locally featuring a robust countywide Chamber Cash program. Checks accepted can be deposited right into your business bank account.
8. Resources: Receive membership contact information, mailing labels and important local business data.
9. Business Contacts: Expand your network by meeting new people, both consumers and business owners, through Chamber events and communication.
10. Referrals: Consumers that call the Chamber needing services are referred to your place of business and you have the opportunity to participate in the growing structured referral program Deep Dive.
How does it function?
Your Chamber of Commerce functions through the working committees of the organization. Money, planning, inspiration, and guidance are useless unless the members work vigorously on the committee of their choice.
The goal of the Program of Work is always to create more dollars for more people and to improve the economic welfare of the community.
Every member has a voice in determining the policies and projects and every member is needed to work on active committees to get the job done.
Who is the Chamber?
Business, organization, professional, and individuals working together for the betterment of the community.
Board of Directors
Elected by the membership, these individuals are charged with determining the policies, which direct the affairs of the chamber. Directors do not implement policy; they employ an administrator to carry out Board decisions.
The Executive Committee ordinarily includes the President of the Board, President Elect, one or more Vice Presidents, Treasurer, and Past President. The officers provide direction and leadership to the Board.
The Executive Director is hired by the Board to be responsible for the daily management of the chamber, and for employing and managing the staff.
The organization's objectives are best achieved by small groups of the membership engaged in common effort.